Regular travel routes and transport links can also be disrupted by flooding. When flooding is forecast, plan your travel in advance to ensure that you have a safe journey.
If you need to travel during bad weather:
- Only drive through water if you know for sure that it’s not too deep, generally this would be no more than halfway up your wheels.
- Drive slowly and steadily and test your brakes as soon as you can after leaving the water.
- Never drive through fast-moving water, for example at a flooded bridge, your car could easily be swept away.
- Stay back from piers and coastal roads when high tides and strong winds are predicted.
- Avoid making unnecessary journeys when transport links are affected by flooding.
For driving advice, the AA can help you stay safe when driving in wet weather.
- 19:30 Glasgow Queen Street to Edinburgh due 20:18
- 20:37 Edinburgh to North Berwick due 21:10
- 21:21 North Berwick to Edinburgh due 21:55
- 19:16 Dundee to Edinburgh due 20:52
- 23:44 Glasgow Queen Street to Perth due 01:01
- 19:44 Glasgow Queen Street to Aberdeen due 22:24
- 19:55 Edinburgh to Glenrothes With Thornton due 20:56
- 21:01 Glenrothes With Thornton to Edinburgh due 22:00
- 21:00 Edinburgh to Aberdeen due 23:36
- 23:00 Edinburgh to Glasgow Queen Street due 23:48